Geocognition Research Lab
Contingency Plan for COVID Updated Aug 25, 2020
- Where possible, lab members will work from home.
- Lab members wishing to work in the lab must get prior approval from the lab PI. This will include providing a schedule for when you intend to be in lab.
- If a lab member needs to retrieve material from the lab, please contact the GRL list to let people know when you will be in lab. No more than ONE PERSON is allowed in the lab at once.
- If you do visit the lab or office, please use cleaner to wipe down surfaces and door knobs before you leave.
- All refrigerators are to be emptied and unplugged.
- All perishable food and plants should be removed from lab.
2. Safety Equipment
- The GRL does not contain any equipment that requires safety considerations.
3. Backup Equipment (Redundancy)
- Back up all computers. This includes laptops.
- The best backup is through MSU One Drive. You can access One Drive through Spartan365: https://tech.msu.edu/technology/collaborative-tools/spartan365/
- I encourage DAILY backups as general good practice.
4. Business continuity plan
- All IN-PERSON human subjects research is suspended until further notice.
- Remote human subjects research – web-based, phone, video – can continue.
- As we move through this process, we will likely move into more facility with remote work. Please be kind to yourself and others – it will take time for us to get back into working and producing.
- First and foremost, take care of your own physical and emotional needs. Work will always be here, but we need you living your best life.
- Let the Lab PI know if you need a new laptop to allow you to continue your work.
- In Fall 2020, we will have live Zoom meetings to keep connected.
- 10 am- 2 pm: Meetings with students under GRL supervision and with anyone else seeking advice
- 3- 4 pm: GRL lab meetings! Anyone is welcome to attend these meetings with permission of the PI
- Fridays: co-writing (to be announced)
- We will also spend time doing other things, including playing games, co-coloring, co-viewing shows/movies, etc as people need.
5. Questions or Suggestions!
This is a living document – please let me know if you have questions or suggestions.