It took me two hours (time I should have spent working on a grant proposal…), but I unearthed FIVE (5) confirmed sexual misconduct and ONE (1) ongoing investigation of sexual misconduct perpetrated by members of the National Academies of Science, Engineering, and Medicine.
(1) 2015: Geoff Marcy, Berkeley. RESIGNED, NOW EMERITUS FACULTY. http://www.buzzfeed.com/azeenghorayshi/famous-astronomer-allegedly-sexually-harassed-students *Member of U.S. National Academy of Sciences, elected 2002; http://www.nasonline.org/member-directory/members/3012587.html
(2) 2017 (for harassment complaint in 2016): Sergio Verdu, Princeton University. “RESPONSIBLE FOR SEXUAL HARASSMENT”. REQUIRED TO ATTEND TRAINING. https://www.huffingtonpost.com/entry/princeton-professor-sexual-harassment-not-punished_us_5a01d203e4b0368a4e872655 *Member of U.S. National Academy of Engineering, elected 2007; https://www.nae.edu/MembersSection/MemberDirectory/31004.aspx
(3) 1995: Thomas Stamey, Stanford. PERMANENT REDUCTION IN PAY. http://www.paloaltoonline.com/weekly/morgue/news/1995_Apr_28.HARASS.html *Member of U.S. National Academy of Medicine, elected 1985; https://nam.edu/member/?member_id=J3iVHZqp6C636SImDGoL8A%3D%3D.
(4) 2007: Joseph Schlessinger, Yale. LAWSUIT SETTLED. http://yaledailynews.com/blog/2006/12/01/univ-faces-harassment-lawsuit/ AND http://archives.yalealumnimagazine.com/issues/2007_07/l_v.html *Member of U.S. National Academy of Medicine, elected 2005; https://nam.edu/member/?member_id=%2F5fHcrRUc1bVCdcMyWHNlA%3D%3D
(5) 2018: Thomas Jessell, Columbia University. FIRED FOR VIOLATING CONSENSUAL RELATIONSHIP POLICY. https://www.columbiaspectator.com/news/2018/04/12/before-removal-mbbi-director-thomas-jessell-engaged-in-years-long-relationship-that-violated-columbia-policy/ *Member of U.S. National Academy of Sciences, elected 2002; http://www.nasonline.org/member-directory/members/46092.html
(6) 2018. Salk Institute (trains graduate students enrolled at UCSD). INVESTIGATION ONGOING AND ACCUSED ON LEAVE. https://www.chronicle.com/article/Famous-Cancer-Researcher/243268 *Accused is member of National Academy of Medicine, elected 1999; https://nam.edu/member/?member_id=zIzkUxI0b3O9h0hDNmaWOQ%3D%3D