Complete as of March 16, 2018. For the most up-to-date list of cases and to see additional cases across institutions and disciplines, visit NOT A FLUKE.
It has been two years since I began compiling cases of academic sexual misconduct perpetrated by faculty, staff, and administrators. This seems like a good time to post about individual groups and disciplines.
(1) 1983: Anatomy Department, University of Iowa. LEGAL FINDING OF SEXUAL HARASSMENT. http://www.leagle.com/decision/19901695749FSupp946_11540/JEW%20v.%20UNIVERSITY%20OF%20IOWA AND http://www.nytimes.com/1990/09/02/style/campus-life-iowa-judge-finds-university-liable-in-harassment.html
(2) 1991: Literature Section of the School of Humanities and Social Sciences, Massachusetts Institute of Technology. PROVOST SUSPENDED SECTION’S RIGHT TO MAKE PERSONNEL DECISIONS. LAWSUIT FILED. http://chronicle.com/article/Literature-Professor-Sues-MIT/82118 AND LAWSUIT SETTLED. http://chronicle.com/article/MIT-Professor-Reach/73326
(3) 2000: Engineering School, University of Rhode Island. PUBLIC ACKNOWLEDGEMENT BY UNIVERSITY PRESIDENT. http://chronicle.com/article/U-of-Rhode-Island-Admits-That/30446
(4) 2005: Communications Department, University of Pittsburgh. REVIEW BY OUTSIDE FACULTY FOUND DEPARTMENT TO BE UNHEALTHY PLACE FOR WOMEN FACULTY AND GRADUATE STUDENTS. http://www.pghcitypaper.com/pittsburgh/communication-breakdown/Content?oid=1338247
(5) 2006: Political Science Department, University of Nebraska-Lincoln. LAWSUIT FILED, COMMITTEE FINDING THAT DEPARTMENT TOLERATES SEXUAL HARASSMENT. http://www.dailynebraskan.com/political-science-professor-alleges-sexual-harassment/article_99548bfb-7003-51d2-bcee-532fb5f7fcfa.html and http://law.justia.com/cases/federal/district-courts/FSupp2/112/908/2521407/
(6) 2014: Philosophy Department, University of Colorado-Boulder. CHAIR REMOVED, GRADUATE ADMISSIONS SUSPENDED. http://www.dailycamera.com/ci_25035043 AND LAWSUIT SETTLED. http://www.kmblegal.com/news/kmb-client-settles-title-ix-lawsuit-against-cu-boulder
(7) 2017: Department of Urban and Regional Planning, University of Wisconsin – Madison. FACULTY REVIEW COMMITTEE FOUND PERSISTENT SEXISM, INCLUDING SEXUAL HARASSMENT; DEPARTMENT MERGED WITH ANOTHER UNIT. http://host.madison.com/wsj/news/local/education/university/legacy-of-sexism-and-allegations-of-sexual-harassment-mar-uw/article_220cc4f3-3b0a-575a-898d-9c63711659c8.html