Complete as of March 16, 2018. For the most up-to-date list of cases and to see additional cases across institutions and disciplines, visit NOT A FLUKE.
It has been two years since I began compiling cases of academic sexual misconduct perpetrated by faculty, staff, and administrators. This seems like a good time to post about individual groups and disciplines.
(1) 1987: H. Daniel Cohen, Chancellor, Indiana University South Bend. RESIGNED FROM POSITION – RETAINED POSITION AS TENURED PHYSICS PROFESSOR – AND LOST CIVIL LAWSUIT. (Note – he did it again – see PHYSICS FACULTY, below). http://indianalawblog.com/archives/2009/08/ind_decisions_r_31.html
(2) 1997: Chernoh Sesay, Provost. RESIGNED TO BECOME PROVOST AT PATERSON COLLEGE. JURY AWARD OF $200,000 TO ACCUSER. http://articles.chicagotribune.com/1997-12-17/news/9712170272_1_provost-tenured-professor-awarded
(3) 2003: Fred Gaskin, Chancellor, Maricopa Community College District. FIRED. http://www.eastvalleytribune.com/local/education/article_3ae669e9-8556-5b39-b651-7b12ce7f8139.html
(4) 2011: Garland Anderson, Provost, University of Texas Medical Branch. RESIGNED (SORT OF – READ ARTICLE). http://www.houstonchronicle.com/news/health/article/After-harassment-claims-UTMB-officials-got-new-5398415.php
(5) 2012: Roy Flores, Chancellor, Pima Community College. RETIRED AND LAWSUIT SETTLED. http://www.tucsonnewsnow.com/story/20221749/pima-college-settled-sexual-harrassment-claim
(6) 2013: Rosalyn Templeton, Provost, Montana State University-Northern. FIRED, HEARING OFFICER AWARDS DAMAGES TO COMPLAINANT IN 2016. http://flatheadbeacon.com/2016/04/26/hearing-officer-awards-175k-harassed-msu-northern-dean/
One thought on “Provosts and Chancellors commit sexual harassment too…”
Comments are closed.