Seven students enrolled in a Freshman Seminar co-taught by Julie Libarkin, Stephen Thomas, and Ryan Claytor presented at MSU’s 2015 University Undergraduate Research and Arts Forum (UURAF). All of the students did amazing jobs conducting, analyzing, and presenting their research; three students won their sections. Congratulations to all presenters and winners!
1. Laura Azouz, USING AN INFOGRAPHIC TO CORRECT MISCONCEPTIONS IN BIOENERGETIC. Winner!
2. Andrew Gonynor, EFFICACY OF VISUAL COMMUNICATION THROUGH THE SCIENCES
3. McKayley Gourley, ANALYSIS OF HUMAN BEHAVIOR CHANGE REGARDING ENVIRONMENTAL IMPACTS THROUGH OBSERVATION OF A VISUAL PIECE AND ONLINE SURVEYS
4. Mackenzie Proper, THE SCIENCE OF DIGITAL MEDIA AND IT’S AFFECTS ON HUMAN INTERACTION
5. Sydney Rivard, THE USE OF SALIENT ELEMENTS IN COMICS TO ELICIT A CHANGE IN EMOTION ABOUT A SCIENTIFIC TOPIC
6. Cassidy Schultz, THE INCREASED COMPREHENSION OF SCIENTIFIC CONCEPTS WHEN EXPRESSED THROUGH AN INFOGRAPHIC. Winner!
7. Alyssa Zokoe, DETERMINING AFFECT THROUGH THE PRESENTATION OF COMIC IMAGERY: INSTILLING EMOTIONS THROUGH EDUCATING ABOUT DISEASE. Winner!